IRBUG Code of Conduct
Iran BSD User Group is a venue for BSD hackers and anyone interested in BSD or UNIX to come together so as to share knowledge, discuss, work and hack stuff. Participants and members of this community are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules in all meetings, seminars, mailing lists and the IRC channel :
- Each member of the community is expected to respect other members equally, regardless of who they are.
- Any sorts of harassment is forbidden and is not tolerable.
- Profanity, foul or abusive and sexual language and imagery are strictly forbidden.
- Nobody is allowed to judge, comment or insult anyone’s personal lifestyle, appearance, accent, beliefs or anything. Always remember what the focus is on and be respectful.
- Any kind of dishonesty including deception, impersonation, collusion, conspiracy, withholding, misrepresenting, etc. is not tolerable.
- Always remember we are in public, so be cool to others. Your actions are a very important part of the cultivation of our image for public, so to spread the BSD family tree, remember to be gentle and responsible for your behaviours.
- Continued one-on-one communications after requests to cease are not acceptable.
- Unnecessary publicly asked questions about one’s personal life or on-purpose false claims about them in a way to intentionally ruin their image or destroy their reputation is not tolerable.
- This is a BSD User Group, not Linux. Topics like why BSD is not more like Linux or why things differ between two are not allowed, unless asked by a bystander out of curiosity by which explanation would be taken as advocacy of BSD world or clarification, or on-topic only discussions based on a technical and previously approved reasons or participants’ needs.
- This is mandatory to advocates to be always truthful and sincere. So please ask for help from more experienced members if you can’t win an argument.
- Conflict is inevitable, but unseemly conduct is not. If you must disagree forcefully, do so properly and be well-mannered.
- Respect everyone regardless of their reputation, position, age, experience, sex, ethnicity, skin colour, accent, style and etc.
- Not only is this venue for BSD oldies, but also for newbies. So please do not look down at newbies, help them instead.
- Disclosing one’s personal private information to public is obviously not acceptable, unless to protect others or the community from any further damage from the named person which is asked to be rather said directly to admins of the user group and not public.
Participants and members asked to stop any unseemly behaviour are expected to comply immediately. If not, admins would take any action they deem appropriate, including temporarily ban for a period of time for meetings, seminars, and contributions. Please note that in most cases, anyone would only receive one admonition for their behaviour, but in some cases they may be immediately asked to leave the community.